This past weekend, Isaias, Thomas any I went on a family bicycle ride around D.C. Before I go any further, let me explain to you that I have lived in the DC area for a number of years and I have exhausted the memorials, museums, and the like. However-- this is the first time that I have bicycled around D.C. We started on the Mt Vernon Bike trail at Truman Memorial Island and rode down to the Regan airport where we took a short break. We watched the airplanes land and take off... and I'll tell you what, that is some real fun! It's like going to a mini-air show... except with commercial airliners. Thomas loved it. We found a bridge that crossed the Potomac and took it into D.C. We rode around and stopped and various memorials. I felt silly because I was in athletic pants and a bummy t-shirt (i was cycling, for cryin' out loud) and all the tourists were dressed much nicer on a count of wanting to look nice for family photos. :) Anywho-- we got lost trying to find our way back but it was okay. I had a blast!!! This weekend, we are going to ride the entire Mt. Vernon trail, 18 miles to Mt. Vernon and 18 miles back... if it doesn't rain, that is. Now-- thanks for reading that mumbo jumbo. Onto the cards!!! This isn't really stamped, except for the brief sentiment. Most of it is just cut paper, brads, and glue. I chose "Enjoy Today" because kits are so carefree... just how we should be. I like it. Also-- I like these slim cards better than the regular sized cards. They are better for simple things... and I like simple! |
| From Summer |


0 comments:
Post a Comment